Well, this post is just a repository of FPS (First Person Shooter) games that I have had the luxury of playing in the past. Thought I’ll use a cliched post name 😉
- Half Life (1998),
- Half Life 2 (2004),
- Half Life 2 Episode 1 (2006),
- Half Life 2 Episode 2(2007),
- Half Life 2 Episode 3 (Expected)
The bestest game series ever. Period. There is no other game that even comes in the same league. Be it the animation, be it the storyline, be it the graphics or be it the AI; nothing is equivalent enough. Btw trivia – The Half Life series has won the most number of awards than any other game.
- Hitman : Codename 47 (2000),
- Hitman 2 : Silent Assassin (2002),
- Hitman : Contracts (2004),
- Hitman : Blood Money (2006)
A dark game for dark moods. The one you should play when you are really pissed off at your boss or your work, and need to cool off. No problemo, go shoot people right in their face! i.e. in the game, obviously! I got the first game Hitman in 2000, a day after I got my job offer from Infosys. I sat straight for 22 hours, without any break (morning 8 a.m. to next day morning 6 a.m.) and finished the entire game. Loved it.
- F.E.A.R. – First Encounter Assault Recon (2005),
- F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin (2009)
The game that gives you a creepy chill while playing. For those who loved The Ring, The Grudge, and other similar horror movies, this is the game for you. Get yourselves a 5.1 speaker system, and close your room’s doors & windows and just p.l.a.y! You’ll love it!
- Project I.G.I. I’m Going In (2000),
- Project I.G.I. 2 : Covert Strike (2003)
A decent game, especially the sequel with good A.I. Basically I waited a long time to play this game hence my interest in it.
- Medal of Honor : Allied Assault (2002),
- MOA : Allied Assault – Spearhead (2003)
- Call of Duty (2003),
- Call of Duty 2 (2005),
- Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare (2007),
- Call of Duty 5 : World at War
Both these series are fun to play, especially the ones that have guns from World War 1 & 2. In some of the stages, you get to drive tanks, jeeps and other military vehicles fighting against enemy tanks and other infantry with rocket launchers.
- Counter Strike : CS 1.6 (2004),
- Counter Strike : Condition Zero (2004),
- Counter Strike : Source (2004)
The best multiplayer game ever. Back when I was working at Infosys Pune, every Friday night I used to head off to this gaming shop with a bunch of other guys to play this game the entire night. Friday night was gaming night. The entire week used to be spent waiting for those few hours where we would be banging our heads on the systems trying to shoot the guy sitting on your left and right. And yes, I still play this game whenever, wherever possible. Even in office.
- Return to Castle Wolfestein (2001)
- Crysis Warhead (2008)
- GRAW – Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (2006)
- Delta Force Series
- BioShock (2008)
- Far Cry 2 (2008)
- Serious Sam – The First Encounter (2001),
- Serious Sam 2 – The Second Encounter (2002)
- Max Payne (2001),
- Max Payne 2 – The Fall of Max Payne (2003)
- Unreal Tournament (1999)
- Quake 2 (1997),
- Quake 3 (1999)
And many more. As of now, I can remember these only. There was a time when I could play for hours on a system, till tears would come out of my eyes or my mom would start shouting. Those were the good old days. Now, I get bored playing for more than half an hour.